Android users looking for a feature-rich and functional smartwatch are in for a treat with the Samsung Galaxy Watch 4. This smartwatch offers features like sleep tracking, the BioActive sensor, and offline access to popular apps like Spotify. Among the features smartwatch, users enjoy most is the fact that they can choose from a wide range of watch faces to suit their personal style. There are a lot of watch faces available on the Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 as well. You have come to the right spot if you have just bought a Galaxy Watch 4 and would like to change its watch face. You can customize your Galaxy Watch 4 watch face according to our detailed guide on how to do so.
How to Change Watch Face on Galaxy Watch 4: Requirements
Before you can change the watch face on the Samsung Galaxy Watch 4, there are a few things you need to do first.
1. A Paired and Charged Galaxy Watch 4
You need to make sure that the Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 is fully paired with your smartphone and that it has a decent amount of battery before you can start customizing it. There’s a good chance you already have set up your smartwatch if you’re here looking for watch faces.
2. Galaxy Wearable App
Adding watch faces to your watch and pairing your Galaxy Watch 4 with your phone is now possible with the Galaxy Wearable app. The easiest way to change the watch face is to use your smartphone. You can also preview the watch face on a larger screen before applying it. You can easily set up your watch with the Galaxy Wearable app (Free, Android) if you haven’t already.
3. Facer Watch Faces (Optional)
If you’re looking for different watch faces besides the default ones, you’ll find Facer Watch Faces useful. Download the Facer Watch Faces (Free, with in-app purchases starting at $0.99) if that’s the case, and follow the steps described below.
How to Change Watch Faces on Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
The Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 features both app-based and device-based watch faces, depending on the type of user you are. Choose whichever method fits your fancy from the options outlined in this article.
Method 1: From the Galaxy Watch 4 Itself
Galaxy Watch 4 enables users to change watch faces natively, just like its predecessors. Follow the steps below to do so:
1. While wearing the watch, tap and hold the current watch face until you see it in full zoom.
2. Your Galaxy Watch 4’s watch faces will be displayed in a tile-like list, showing you all the different watch faces available. By swiping left and right, you can scroll through them.
3. Once you’ve selected the watch face you prefer, just tap it once to instantly set it as your default.
And that’s it! These steps will allow you to easily switch between multiple Galaxy Watch 4 watch faces. Using your smartphone to accomplish these tasks is common nowadays, so read on if you’re one of them.
Method 2: From the Galaxy Wearable App
Samsung’s Galaxy Wearable app is a powerhouse for Samsung accessories, and it works flawlessly. Changing the watch face of your Galaxy Watch 4 is one of the many things you can do with the app. You can start by opening the app and following the steps below if your watch has already been paired with your phone. Installing the Galaxy Wearable app (linked above) and pairing the Watch 4 are the first steps if you are a new user. The steps are as follows:
1. Open the Galaxy Wearable app on your Android phone. Tap on a Watch Face in the quick tiles menu.
2. Your Galaxy Watch 4 will now show you the variety of watch faces available. A watch face can be informative to keep an eye on health metrics, or classic to make your watch look like an elegant timepiece, depending on what you like.
3. Choose the watch face you want and tap it once.
4. That’s all. The new watch face has been successfully installed on your Galaxy Watch 4.
You can repeat the above steps to choose from a plethora of watch faces and take your pick. However, be aware that using animated watch faces will use more battery life. However, if you love your selection and want to customize it further, keep reading.
ALSO READ: HBO Max plans for India out ahead of launch
How to Customize a Watch Face on Galaxy Watch 4
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 watch faces offer a variety of customization options. Known as complications, these features offer options such as changing the clock’s index, adding different bars like Steps, blood oxygen level, and more. The complications available to you depend on the watch face you select. Furthermore, the Galaxy Watch 4 allows customization from the device as well as the Wearable app. We will display both methods, so feel free to choose your desired one.
Method 1: From the Galaxy Watch 4 Itself
1. Tapping and holding down on your main watch face until it expands until it is on your wrist. Tap the Customize button at the bottom once you’re done.
2. The editing menu will then appear, allowing you to customize the watch face with different complications. If you tap a highlighted issue, you can edit it. You will see a list of options when you tap on the one you wish to edit.
3. There will be a plethora of options you can choose from to replace the current complication. Simply tap on it to change the complication, and you will be back to the previous screen.
4. Click OK at the bottom when finished.
With the Galaxy Watch 4, you have now successfully customized the watch face. If you wish to make more changes in the future, repeat the above steps.
Method 2: From the Galaxy Wearable App
You can also customize the watch face of your smartwatch using the Galaxy Wearable app. Throughout this tutorial, we will be using the Digital Dashboard watch face because it has a nice array of complications to choose from. Follow the steps below to customize your watch face on the Galaxy Watch 4 using the Wearable app.
1. Launch the Galaxy Wearable app. Use the quick tile menu to select Watch faces.
2. Tap the Customize button under the name of your watch face on the next page.
3. You can see the various customization complications here. It is possible to select a pre-made complication or customize it to your liking.
4. You can customize a particular complication. Choose a replacement option from the list of available options.
5. Continue to repeat step four until you are happy with the changes. Once you are sure, click the Save button on the bottom right.
Your changes will appear immediately on the watch face. If needed, you can repeat the above steps and make an unlimited number of changes to your Galaxy Watch 4 watch face. The number of complications will depend on the type of watch face you choose. To get the most out of your watch, try multiple watch faces.
How to Get Third-Party Watch Faces on Galaxy Watch 4
Samsung’s Galaxy Watch 4 has a decent selection of watch faces, but they may be too few for those who want a more personalized look. You can always find more watch faces in the Google Play Store if you’re not satisfied with the number here. The Facer Watch Faces app is one such app that allows you to change watch faces from an external source.
The Facer Watch Faces app on the Galaxy Watch 4 allows you to use third-party watch faces. You can use many of the watch faces on your smartwatch. There are several watch faces available, ranging from free to paid. Install the Facer app on your Android phone or smartwatch to get started. Then, follow these steps:
Setting up the Facer Watch Faces App
1. On both your phone and the Watch Faces app, open the Facer Watch Faces app. You can tap on Next to continue when the app detects your watch’s model.
2. Select from a selection of watch faces so the app can make personalized suggestions. See more watch faces by tapping Get More.
Upon completing the process, you will be able to access the entire Facer watch face directory. There are also watch faces designed specifically for the Galaxy Watch 4. In order to avoid running into problems, we will need to choose Facer as the default watch face before moving on. Learn how to do it by reading on.
Setting up Facer as Default Watch Face
1. Launch the Galaxy Wearable app. From the quick tiles menu, tap on Watch faces.
2. The first option in the “Most Recent” section will now be Facer. You can set your watch face by tapping the device once. On your phone, open the Facer app and select any of the third-party watch faces that you want to apply to your Galaxy Watch 4.
Applying a Watch Face from Facer
1. The Facer directory will display all watch faces you can choose from. There are a number of free and paid options available to you.
2. Start the process by tapping on the blue “Sync face” button. Please grant any permissions that appear on your Galaxy Watch 4 as the third-party watch face will require them.
That’s it! Your first third-party watch face has been installed on your Galaxy Watch. Despite the time-consuming setup process, you can now set a custom watch face by repeating the above two steps. Have fun!